Monday, May 5, 2008

3)free hugs-a new video;)




My dear students,

Here's a very nice video that puts a smile on our faces. Watch the video . What does it remind you of? Would you like to get a free hug? Would you like to hug strangers? I'm really looking forward to your comments.

B.Y.

19 comments:

Unknown said...

pait's nice video but if somebody wants to hug me when ı walk on the street ı can think he/she isn't normal so ı don't like to hug stranges.(natali-b2/I)

testecarla said...

Hi all,

As a Brazilian, we give free hugs to all around us all the time. However, this is not true for all cultures. I'm living in the US and I still feel people get surprised when I kiss them and hug them when we are leaving. It's kind of funny. Have you noticed in the beginning of the movie that people were kind of resistant and were unsure about hugging? Also interesting to notice the free hug ban. Why would it be banned if it's just an act of getting closer to each other and showing humankind warmth?

Cheers from a Brazilian Educator!

Anonymous said...

firs of all,this video is very creative and interesting.I would like to hug only people who are my friends and my family.Man who act in this video,usually hugged women... (enes-b2/I)

Anonymous said...

ı think,this video is wonderful and interesting.but ı agree with natali.especially in Turkey it isn't normal for people.ı think people understand wrong.maybe they will say 'he is crayz'.__ecem b2ı

testecarla said...

Dear all,

I find it pretty interesting our cultural differences. In Brazil, it's not that we hug everybody, but it's pretty natural when we're saying goodbye or when we meet a friend. We kiss and hug a lot! It's even funny now in the US because when I meet a woman for the first time, their tendency it to stick their hands to give a hand shake and I just kiss them. They feel uncomfortable at first!

Unknown said...

hii..:) this video is very interesting..I agree with nataLie&eCem .it is creative but aLL people don't want it.especially Turkish people. when ı walk on the street , I don't want it :) (aSLıhan-ß2-I)

Unknown said...

Hi friends,
Video is creative and the man who wants to hug everybody, is a stayer because he won and hugged everyone:) I could not agree more with natali, aslhıhan and ecem.As carla said, it's kind of funny.If somebody want to hug me,probably I let him or her for this.But not always:)I daresay, carla understand us wrong at a point. When we meet somebody at first time we hug and kiss him or her.

Emre Yusuf TENBEL..

Anonymous said...

hi!!ladies and centilmen;
I think FREE HUGS brings brotherhood to my mind.That's so admirable.All people's clinches provide world piece...However,somebody abuse it,thougthlessly.ın fact,in my life I dont give permission like this behaviour:) Şeyma BOZ B2/I

Anonymous said...

It's a nice video and I think it's a massage for the humanity.Nowadays people don't show their love to each other and people degenerate day by day on the grounds that someone want to give a massage.this guy have a mission about this and therefore he prepared ''free hug''plecard.Thats a good idea because humanity live without human love....
yiğit b2/h

veli said...

Hı every one,
fıst of all, ın my opınıon thıs vıdeo ıs very ınterestıng also thıs vıdeo accentuate freedom ,because recently some authoritarians comment about thıs subject and they can't arrıve rıght consequence.As a result, my poın of vıew ıs that every person abstain these behavıor and I thınk we should win loose thıs some unnnecessary ashamed treatment otherwıse every person won't give utterance to one's feelings eachother eventually, we won't used to ıt alternatin world...

Anonymous said...

This was such a charming video! It's a pity we don't hug more, maybe we can start a new trend. I've noticed that young Americans hug each other more than when I was a student -- that's a good trend. Even men hug in a kind of manly way. I think that's all good. The world is a cold place without human contact.

TaeHwan Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I want to try hug!
I think that hug is very good culture.
i will try when i came back in japan.

Sung Eun, Sim said...

I was so surprised because the background of this video is one of the shopping mall in Sydney. Anyway, I like the music, and Free hug is also interesting.

TaeHwan Kim said...

Hi i'm a student of David's class.
When i watched this video, i want to try this free hug event in Korea even though i just only hug people who are my family or friends.. free hug makes people happy, i think.

saifon said...

Hi,
I liked these video a lot.when I saw it.It make me feeling happy to saw another people to be friendly although we are differently about the culture and the nationality everybody can be friend together.

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody , I'm Jasper and I 'm studing in davil class now. he is teaching computer English and always touch me many things of computer, so I have been alittle bit good at compuer now. I f you want to comunicate with me, please call me

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody , I'm Jasper and I 'm studing in davil class now. he is teaching computer English and always touch me many things of computer, so I have been alittle bit good at compuer now. I f you want to comunicate with me, please call me

Mehmet Ali said...

Ohh this video is fantastic!